| || |
Tips for Getting A Better Night Sleep
- Avoid Alcohol
- Alcohol can cause restlessness during the night.
Caffeine and nicotine have substances in them that will keep you awake.
- Nicotine has substances in it that will keep you awake.
- Caffeine has substances in it that will keep you awake.
- Don't sleep with the pet, close your door, minimize
light and noise.
- Relax before bedtime
- A warm bath or
- Avoid liquids before bedtime
- Limits having
to use the bathroom at night.
- Avoid long naps during the day
can disrupt your sleeping pattern.
- Avoid trying to sleep
more you "try" to sleep, the more difficult it becomes.
up at the same time each morning
- Too much time in bed can lead to restless
- Use your bed for sleeping
- Not for unrelated activities
like reading or watching tv.
- Check your medications
for People who Work the Night Shift
your schedule and sleep times with your family and friends.
a nap before your evening shift to help you feel more alert.
your bedroom for daytime sleeping.
- Use room darkening shades or curtains
a fan or soft music to block out loud sounds
regular meals with a balanced diet.
out before work.
- Brisk walking, jogging or swimming
can help you stay alert and keep you in shape.
late night caffeine.
Sleep Disorder Support Groups