Questions to ask your Dentist
Knowing about your condition and treatment options are two of the first steps in understanding what can be done to sustain a healthy lifestyle. Many of your questions can be answered by your dentist. Below is a sample list of questions that can aid you in learning about your condition and treatment options.
- How can I improve my dental health?
- Should I change my toothpaste or floss more?
- Should I use a fluoride rinse?
- Are the desired results I described realistic?
- Is there an alternative treatment that I should consider as well?
- How long will the procedure take and how many appointments are necessary?
- What kind of anesthesia is used, if any?
- How much does it cost?
- How long have you performed this procedure?
- How many procedures have you preformed in the past year?
- What percentages of your patients have had significant complications?
- Will you repeat or correct procedures if it does not meet agreed upon goals? And if the procedure must be repeated / corrected, will I be charged again?
- What kind of longevity can I expect?
- May I see "before and after" photos of recent patients?
- Could I observe the exact procedure I am considering before I decide to have it done?
- What should I expect after the procedure, in terms of soreness, what to watch for, and any limitations?
- Do you offer patient financing?