The Top Reasons People Get Dumped
Men often dump women because:
- She tried to mold him into a different person.
- She was not interested in sex.
- She pressured him to get married.
- He meets someone else or realizes you’re not the one.
Women often dump men because:
- He didn’t turn out to be the person she thought he was.
- He doesn’t treat her well.
- He flirts with other women.
- He wasn't marriage material.
- He had a 'low' father potential. One of the things most women consider in a mate is whether or not he will be a good father if they decide to have children.
- The thrill is gone. Sometimes a woman falls out of love with a man and begins to think of him as a good friend instead of a lover.
- He's having an affair.
- He is financially irresponsible.
Tips to get over being dumped:
- Allow yourself time to mourn the relationship.
- Don't start dating until you are ready.
- Surround yourself by friends and family who care about you.
- Spoil yourself a little.
- Remember that the person who dumped you has lost you and will not meet anyone like you again.
- Allow yourself to be angry with the person who dumped you and mentally dump them too.
- Talk to someone about it. If you don't have friends to talk to, consider talking to a therapist.
- Join a self-help or separation/divorce group in your community.
- Do not hold on to the hope that your ex is coming back.
- Be prepared to lose some of the friends that you shared.
- Do not make rash decisions in the days after being dumped.
- When you feel up to it, join activity clubs for singles.