- Do not dry shave
- Shaving legs or underarms dry can cause irritation, ingrown hairs, and razor burn.
- To avoid irritation caused by dry shaving, soften it in the shower for about 10 minutes. Then apply a layer of shaving cream and shave in long strokes. Slather on body lotion post-shower.
- Do not use soap. Soap will dull the razor and invite cuts.
- Wear sunscreen every day
- Wear a daily SPF lotion formulated for the face.
- Use sunscreen even on cloudy days. UV rays can penetrate through clouds
- Exfoliate your skin every day
- A buildup of dead skin cells can cause itchiness and rashes.
- Dry weather worsens the itchiness and rash.
- Scrub daily with a puff, a loofah, or a grainy exfoliator to help sweep rough skin away.
- After exfoliating, use moisturizer to lock in softness
- Frequent exfoliation will cause skin irritation.
- Avoid the sun between 10:00am and 3:00pm, when the sun's rays are strongest.
- Use lip balm with sunscreen
- Your lips contain no melanin and will burn easily.
- Wear clothing made of tightly woven fabric so the sun can't slip in.
- Avoid reflective surfaces, such as water and sand.
- Water and sand can reflect as much as 85 percent of the sun's rays.
- Be aware that certain medications, including some antibiotics, dramatically increase sun sensitivity.
- Wear sunglasses that provide 100 percent UV protection
- Sunglasses with 100% UV protection will help to prevent eye cancer or cataracts, which may result in blindness.
- Do not cradle the phone against your face.
- Cradling the phone against your face will cause jaw-line acne.
- Do not sleep in your makeup.
- Wearing makeup overnight causes a dull morning complexion.
- Clogged pores and breakouts will occur.
- Eye makeup may creep into your eyes overnight, triggering irritation.
- Wearing mascara overnight can cause broken eyelashes.
- Wash your skin after a workout
- If you don't wash your skin after a workout, Clogged pores and breakouts will occur
- Do not chew on your nails.
- Chewing your nails damages the nail plate which can cause infection
- Do not use old makeup
- If you use makeup that is old, the preservatives that prevent bacterial growth, become less effective.