Top 11 Ways to Save on Medical Expenses
- Take advantage of flexible spending plans. Flexible spending plans through an employer makes the funds you spend on medical expenses tax free.
- Know what you can be reimbursed for through your insurance company and learn how to fill out their forms.
- Get a copy of your newest medical records annually. This will keep you from spending money in the future on copying hundreds of pages.
- Find out what alternative treatments your insurance may cover. Some insurance plans will reimburse you for acupuncture and massage treatments if you have a doctor's approval.
- Ask your doctor for any free samples of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Ask your dentist for free samples of toothpaste, toothbrushes, and mouth rinses.
- Question your statements. Nine out of 10 medical bills contain errors, according to the Medical Billing Advocates of America, a consumer-advocacy group based in Salem, Va., and one study found that more than 75 percent of post-service health insurance coverage appeals are won. Always ask for an itemized bill so you can be on the lookout for overcharges, duplicate bills for the same service
- Take advantage of free health screenings. Most cities offer free health screenings at least once a year. They are often listed in the Health section of your local newspaper.
- Practice prevention. One of the most effective ways to lower your medical expenses over time is to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Have regular checkups. Regular checkups is a crucial tool to early diagnosis. The earlier a condition is diagnosed, the less treatment you will need and the better your odds for recovery.
- Medicare D prescription plan. If you qualify for medicare, consider enrolling in the Medicare D prescription plan to reduce your monthly cost of prescriptions
For Email Marketing you can trust