arch pain

Arch pain refers to an inflammation and/or burning sensation at the arch of the foot. It  is also referred to as arch strain. Each foot contains about 26 bones, which form two separate arches (longitudinal and transverse). The longitudinal arch runs the length of the foot from heal to toe, and the transverse arch runs the width from side to side.

Symptoms of arch pain?

Some of the most common symptoms are:

  • Pain in the arch region of the foot
  • Tenderness in the arch region of the foot.
  • Swelling in the foot

What causes arch pain?

The major cause of arch pain is plantar fascitis. Plantar fascitis is an inflammation of the fascia ligament in your foot. It is caused by excessive stretching of the plantar fascia, usually due to flat feet.The inflammation caused by the plantar fascitis usually causes pain in the heel and arch areas. Arch pain can also be caused by excessive use of high heals.

The plantar fascia is a broad band of fibrous tissue located along the bottom surface of the foot, that runs from the heel to the forefoot. The planter fascia can become inflamed due to over flat feet which causes the arch pain.

The plantar fascia ligament forms the arch that runs from the heal to the ball of your food. The plantar fascia ligament is located at the bottom of your foot. It is attached to the heal and extends to the ball of the foot.

Arch pain can also be caused by direct force trauma, ligament sprains, muscle strains, poor biomechanical alignment ,stress fractures, overuse, inflammatory arthritis or the tightness or lack of tightness of the joints in the foot..

Can arch pain be treated?

Yes. The most common treatments of are:

  • Avoid high-heeled shoes
  • Orthotics Arch supports
  • Gel heel cups
  • Heel wedges
  • Metatarsal Pads
  • Medication to control pain and swelling
  • Rest

Questions to ask your doctor about arch pain

  • How can I alleviate arch pain?
  • Will CBD oil help?
  • What are the emergency symptoms?
  • Do I need an arch support?
  • Should I change my shoes?